Bike the Tour
Please be careful and have fun!
Bicyclist Rules - Please Read and Follow!
- YOU ARE BIKING AT YOUR OWN RISK! THE ROADS ARE VERY BUSY DURING THE TOUR, AND MANY TOUR PATRONS MAY NOT BE ATTENTIVE TO BIKERS.
- BIKE WITH TRAFFIC AND OBEY ALL TRAFFIC RULES.
- IF YOU ARE WEARING BIKE SHOES WITH CLEATS, THEY MUST BE REMOVED BEFORE ENTERING EACH HOME. YOU MUST ALSO WEAR YOUR BOOTIES.
- YOU ARE URGED TO WEAR A HELMET.
- THE HOUSE NUMBERS IN THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE THE SAME AS THE HOUSE NUMBERS USED IN THE TOUR BOOKLET BUT THE SUGGESTED ROUTE FOR BIKES IS DIFFERENT THAN THAT WHICH IS SUGGESTED FOR DRIVING BY CAR.
- YOU MUST HAVE YOUR TOUR BOOKLET FOR ADMISSION INTO EACH HOME. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- NO BIKE RACKS WILL BE PROVIDED. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BIKE WHERE IT WILL INTERFERE WITH TOUR PATRONS' ACCESS TO THE HOMES.
- THIS YEAR'S ROUTE IS APPROXIMATELY 13 MILES FROM THE LIBRARY TO THE LAST HOUSE.
START at The South Coastal Library, 43 Kent Avenue, Bethany Beach, Delaware.
House 5. Proceed North on Kent Ave. 0.2 miles to Garfield and turn left at the light. Proceed West on Garfield 0.3 miles to the light at Evans. Turn right onto Evans. House 5 is 0.2 miles down Evans on your left.
House 4. Reverse course on Evans to Garfield, and turn left at the light. Proceed 0.4 miles to Route 1/Coastal Highway, and turn right. Proceed one block and turn right onto Hollywood. House 4 is the 3rd house on your right.
House 1. Return to the Coastal Highway and turn right. Proceed one block South on the Coastal Highway to Parkwood Street and turn left. Proceed on Parkwood two blocks to South Atlantic Ave. and turn left. Proceed 6 blocks on Atlantic Ave. to House 1 which will be on your right at the Northeast corner of Atlantic and Campbell Place.
House 2. From House 1, proceed West on Campbell Place to the 5th house on your right to find House 2.
House 3. From House 2, continue West on Campbell Place to Pennsylvania Ave. and turn right. Proceed 6 blocks to 2nd Street and turn left. House 3 will be the third house on your left.
House 8. From House 3, continue West on 2nd street to the Coastal Highway and turn right. Proceed North 1.1 miles to the second entrance into Ocean Village, and turn right onto Heron (CAREFUL OF THE SPEED BUMPS!) Proceed one block to Sandpiper and turn left. Proceed one block and turn left onto Skimmer. House 8 will be the fourth on your left.
House 9. Return to the Coastal Highway and turn right. Proceed 1.7 miles to the entrance of Breakwater Beach and turn right. Proceed one block to Kelly Street and turn right. House 9 will be the fourth on your left.
House 10. Reverse course on Kelly. When you reach the stop sign, continue straight on Kelly to House 10, which will be the third on your right after the stop sign.
House 7. Return to the Coastal Highway and turn right. Proceed to the first crossover in front of Matt's Fish Camp, and make a U turn. Proceed South on Coastal Highway 2.0 miles to Fred Hudson and turn right. Proceed West on Fred Hudson 1.1 miles to Bethany Loop and turn left. This is the road immediately before G&E/Hocker's. The next intersection, where there is a stop sign, is the corner of Bethany Loop and Bethany Loop! Continue straight through the stop sign and you will bike about 1 mile to House 7, which will be on your right at the intersection of Bethany Loop and Drake.
House 6. From House 7, reverse course on Bethany Loop for about 1 mile, and turn left onto Bethany Loop. Proceed to the stop sign at Central Ave., and turn left. Proceed South on Central 0.2 miles and turn right onto Daisey Ave. Proceed West on Daisey for 0.3 miles, and House 6 will be on your right.
All indicated distances, including the total route distance of 13 miles, are approximate.
YOU MUST HAVE YOUR TOUR BOOKLET FOR ADMISSION INTO EACH HOME. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
YOU ARE BIKING AT YOUR OWN RISK. BE CAREFUL AND HAVE FUN. ENJOY THE TOUR!!!!